Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
5234 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2011 9:28 PM by smalldog RSS 1 2 Previous Next
smalldog Champion 616 posts since
Nov 12, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 19, 2011 9:50 PM

Failed to enumerate domains, authentication required

Hi All, i setup ePO on windows server 2008 r2 (not AD). i'm using on workgroup enviroments. So when i add new systems i can not browser computers to deploy agent that have error "Failed to enumerate domains, authentication required". I try this KB70414 but didn't work. Any advices? Thanks!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
McAfee Customer
Smalldog
  • hem McAfee Employee 848 posts since
    Nov 18, 2009

I will check if 'Computer browser' service is running or not. I will suggest to set it to Automatic.

If still issue persists then please check the below.

Are the machines you are adding to the ePO server are in the same domain or in different domain?

If in different domain then do you have  the trust between the domains?

Are you able to browe the machine from 'My network places'?

Thanks
    Hem

• rackroyd McAfee Mentor 953 posts since
    Feb 3, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    2. Oct 20, 2011 10:13 AM (in response to smalldog)
    Re: Failed to enumerate domains, authentication required

How are you entering credentials to connect to the remote machine ?

You would presumably need to use a local machine account that has local admin rights.

As this is a workgroup and not a domain this could be complicated as it could vary machine to machine.

Rgds,

Rob.

Feb 3, 2010

Local admin credentials are certainly necessary.

It may be off track with the nature of the error message, but you could try entering the username as either ./<username> or <machinename>/<username>

Make sure you've enabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP this will likely be required in this environment.

See if there is a firewall (rule) or network device in the path that is blocking.

I guess you can test by trying install to machine in same workgroup as the ePO server to see if you get the same problem.

Verify your DNS lookups are good from ePO to client.

Otherwise you might need to look at a network trace from ePO server to failed client to see if it sheds more light on the problem.

Rgds,

Rob.

Feb 3, 2010

What you are doing looks reasonable, I don't have exact steps to give to you unfortunately.

If you need that I suggest opening a McAfee support case.

I guess you could try without the domain = workgroup entry as this would be irrelevant with no domain in place.

As an alternative you can install the agent other was than by pushing, but these would be outside the ePO console.

Details are in the user guide for agent deployment options.

Rgds,

Rob.

Feb 3, 2010

'Fraid not. If you want someone from McAfee to remote connect and investigate you will need to open a support call and discuss with them.

Thanks,

Rob.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points