5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2011 8:08 AM by ittech

Editing Templates in MWG7

ittech

I've recently implented some of the code from this post:

https://community.mcafee.com/message/154864

It works fine in Firefox, but all of our users have IE. I get this message

1.png

It seems the $Rule.CurrentRule.Name$ property doesn't pass to Outlook through IE properly. Is there a way to fix this?

• 1. Re: Editing Templates in MWG7

I would have to see the source code of the <a href= > in the block page that is displayed.

That is, get a block page that has the link, view source and send me the snippet.

If you don't want to publically post it because of company info in there, sanitize the email adresses or send private message.

• 2. Re: Editing Templates in MWG7
            ittech

This one works:

For access to a blocked site, please contact your <A HREF="mailto:?Subject=Request submission for: ITTech&Body=URL: http://www.facebook.com/, User: MyUsername, Category: Social Networking"><font color="FFD700">Department Head</font></A>.

This one does not:

For any further assistance, please contact <A HREF="mailto:dsupport@crazytown.org?Subject=Request submission for: MyUsername&Body=URL: http://www.facebook.com/, User: MyUsername, Category: Social Networking,  Rule Name: Blocks URLs matching URL BlockList &quot;Admins&quot;"><font color="FFD700">DSupport</font></A>.

Could it be the &quot?

• 3. Re: Editing Templates in MWG7

Probably spaces in the body. you cannot have a space in a link.

Wrap it all into String.ReplaceAll(<message body string>, " ","+")

or

String.URLEncode(<message body string>)

It's definitely something with the quotes. I take them out and it works for me.

Message was edited by: eelsasser on 10/14/11 5:47:59 PM EDT
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Editing Templates in MWG7

I was really trying to avoid using JavaScript to do this, but here's the cleanest way I can think of to put the link on the block page:

Capture.PNG

When the page hits, the values get substituted like this:

Capture2.PNG

And the email looks like this:

Capture3.PNG

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Editing Templates in MWG7
                  ittech

Thanks for the tips Erik!

Actually, I tried the simplest thing first. I took the quotation marks out of my Rule name and that seems to be working great!

I really like your JavaScript page, as it adds each bit of info to a new line. Though, in my domain we don't push out IE settings and anyone could have JS blocked

Thanks again!