7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2011 12:50 AM by EPO-Janni

Disaster recovery of EEFF protected data

EPO-Janni

Hello,

I'm just testing the implementation of "Endpoint Encryption 1.1.1" and "Endpoint Encryption for files and folders 4.0.0" on our EPO 4.6 environment. Everything is working well. But I have one question regarding recovery possibilities. To recover encrypted HDDs (encrypted by EE 1.1.1) I tested the EETech tool. This tool is also working well to get access on EE 1.1.1 encrypted HDD.

But how can I get access on (additional) encryptet files and folders that are (additional) encrypted by "Endpoint Encryption for files and folders 4.0.0"? I've started my EE protected system using the BartPE boot CD.  After authentication using the EETech toll and the furter exported machine.XML file I have access to the HDD files and folders. But all files and folders that are additional encrypted by "Endpoint Encryption for files and folders 4.0.0" are unreadable.

How can I get access to files and folders that are encrypted by "Endpoint Encryption for files and folders 4.0.0" without booting the current installed OS? There should be a possibility to copy and restore this encrypted files and folders if the OS have crashed. Is there also a recovery tool (loke EETech) for restoring this encrypted files? I've also exported the "Endpoint Encryption for files and folders 4.0.0" encryption key as a .BIN file. But how to use this for an offline encryption?

Thanks for help.

Best regards and greetings from Germany

Janni

Nachricht geändert durch EPO-Janni on 13.10.11 16:51:26 MESZ