1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 3, 2008 12:11 PM by Grif

uninstall antivirus 8.5i in EpoServer3.6

I have a Eposerver 3.6, but the antivirus is not working. I need to unistall the antivirus for reinstalation, but the uninstall dont work.
        • 1. RE: uninstall antivirus 8.5i in EpoServer3.6
          Javier,

You've posted your question in the wrong forum. This is for older "retail" versions of Virus Scan. You're using the corporate Enterprise version of VS which is a totally different beast. Sorry it's taken so long to see your post but I'll move it to the "Desktop and Server" forum where it should receive better responses. You can access your thread in either forum location.

In the meantime, you haven't described the specifics for your particular problem.. Are you trying to uninstall VS 8.5i from a lot of computers or just one.. Either way, if the uninstall procedures don't work correctly, it is possible to manually remove the ViruScan program from a machine by following the instructions in the links below:

First, to uninstall the Common Framework:

How To Uninstall McAfee ePO and Common Framework

Machines With VirusScan 8.0i Installed:

1. Open a command window:
          2. At the C: prompt, type: cd Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework Then press the "Enter" key.
          3. Then type: frminst /forceuninstall Then press the "Enter" key and let the program finish.

Machines With VirusScan 8.5i Installed:

1. Open a command window:
          2. At the C: prompt, type: cd Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework Then press the "Enter" key.
          3. Then type: frminst /forceuninstall Then press the "Enter" key and let the program finish.

Next, to manually uninstall VS 8.5i:

https://knowledge.mcafee.com/SupportSite/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&exte rnalId=612722&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=18768049&stateId=1%200%2018754996

Hope this helps.

Grif

Hope this helps.

Grif