2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2011 6:35 AM by dfallon

Hardware Support

dfallon

I have been trying to ascertain the level of support available on new enterprise firewalls.

I am currently using McAfee 510E appliances from Dell with 4hr on site support.

The replacement for these units is the S3008

From what I can read McAfee have discontinued same day support on all new enterprise firewall hardware in all of Europe .

I have been using the product for 10+ years and have always had 4hr on site hardware support.

Can anyone tell me why a decision has been made to only offer NBD support in Europe.

This would leave companies without harware support for a number of days over a weekend or over a holiday period.

This would be a retrograde step considering 4hr hardware support had always been offered from Secure Computing days and throught the early days of McAFee ownership.

• 1. Re: Hardware Support

Thank you for posting your question to the forum. At this time we do not offer same-day hardware support on the new S-Model hardware in EMEA. In EMEA we currently offer Next-Business Day On-site as well as Advanced RMA (where we ship you a new appliance, then you ship the defective unit back). With the transition to our new appliance line we have a new service provider and are working through additional service offerings that we can sell in the future. Thank you for your feedback, I will pass it along to our hardware team as a valuable data point for offerings we should consider in the future. I understand that it is frustrating. If you would like to set up a call to have a personal conversation with the McAfee team, please feel free to reach out to me or your sales rep and we can set something up.

Regards,

Dave

• 2. Re: Hardware Support
            dfallon

Thank you dgold for your reply.

As you rightly say this is very frustrating.

I think that only offering NBD on McAfee new hardware is a serious miscalculation of what the market demands especially as it has always been an option in the past.

All other major firewall vendors offer 24*7*4 hardware support.

I believe it would have been better to stay with the hardware vendor where 24*7*4 hardware support was available.

NBD could leave an organistaion without an appliance for 4+ days over a holiday period.

As I stated I have been a customer of the firewall product for 10+ years.

Rgds