3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2008 2:38 AM by myrguinto

Where can I obtain McAfee Installation Designer 8.5?

Hello,

I need to deploy McAfee VirusScan 8.5 to about 50 Windows XP hosts, but I haven't been able to find the McAfee Installation Designer 8.5 product anywhere, except for some 3rd party websites that are selling the software but seem a little questionable. Could someone point me to a legitimate source for the software, or possibly send it to me? My organization has an Enterprise/Site license for VirusScan 8.5.

Thanks,

Patrick
        • 1. RE: Where can I obtain McAfee Installation Designer 8.5?
          MID 8.5 is on the corporate downloads page. If I'm understanding you right you should be able to login with your grant number and access the Total Enterprise Protection area. Once there, scroll to the bottom and MID 8.5 is listed under Utilities.
          • 2. RE: Where can I obtain McAfee Installation Designer 8.5?
            Thanks for that info... any idea if there's another way to get it without a grant number? My organization is so large, that I am having trouble tracking down the person that would have the grant number information (another group runs our corporate networks, but I administer some smaller stand-alone networks).
            • 3. Mid 8.5
              HI!

I believe for enterprise / corporate products you really need to obtain the grant number in order to download McAfee Products.

I Have a followup question on MID 8.5, I was able to embed CMA Agent 3.6.0 / Anti-Spyware 8.0i Module and the VSE 8.0i P16 with silent options. However, with VSE 8.5i.. i am having a hard time embeding Anti-Spware 8.5i Module silently. I tried every silent commands on the product guide.

I would appreciate if anyone here knows how to.. thanks