1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2011 3:16 PM by billcarman

How to make McAfee windows bigger

torwin111

There was a discussion in July 2010 on this topic (how to maximize a window)  but somehow the "answer" didn't seem to relate to the question.  Maybe I missed something.

Anyway my problem is that the Help window, which opens from the Security Center window, is tiny, text unreadable, and I cannot see any way to maximize it.  Neither does it allow me to copy and paste text into a word processor. 

I do not have any Accessibility tools activated, all my settings are in the normal range for home office use.  Running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit on Dell Studio XPS.  Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

• 1. Re: How to make McAfee windows bigger
          Peacekeeper

It used not to be I noticed that when i accessed it on my wife's PC. My Pc is running the beta which has not got help installed. I will check around by asking the other mods to check this.

ok my XP test box shows it as full screen but my wife's win 732 bit PC show it as 1/4 screen and fixed size. I see you are win 7 as well ?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 9/10/11 6:55:57 PM

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 9/10/11 6:56:28 PM
          • 2. Re: How to make McAfee windows bigger
            exbrit

@torwin111, what screen resolution are you using and are any extra visual aids switched on?   Basically its an Internet Explorer page, albeit internal, and should be legible.   Mine fits only a ¼ of the screen but is quite clear.   (Click image to enlarge).

Open Internet Explorer and go to View in the top menu line and select Zoom and make sure it's 100% then Text Size and make sure it's at Medium.

Capture.JPG

• 3. Re: How to make McAfee windows bigger
              torwin111

@Ex-Brit

My resolution is 1920x1080, Zoom 100 and Text Medium.  No accessibility or visual aids features turned on.  The physical appearance of the Help window is 125mm wide x 110mm high on my Dell Studio 16" screen.  It has three tabs (I can't read the headings) but no menus, no maximize button, no dragging corners.  The Table of Contents would be about a three-point font (unreadable, even with a magifying glass) and the text pane about eight-point (comparing it to text in MS Word alongside).

• 4. Re: How to make McAfee windows bigger
                exbrit

That's odd because apart from your monitor screen being 7" smaller than mine the other settings are all the same.  Is 1920 X 1080 the native resolution for that monitor?   It seems somewhat high for a 16" monitor.  That could be the problem.

I suggest that perhaps a call or online chat with Technical Support may solve the situation.  Linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.   It's free.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/10/11 9:26:22 EDT AM
                • 5. Re: How to make McAfee windows bigger
                  torwin111

Ok, thanks, I will try Tech Support.  1920 x 1080 is native resolution per the user manual.

• 6. Re: How to make McAfee windows bigger
                    exbrit

Must be a good monitor then as it's 1080 is usually reserved for 21" and higher.  Anyway, good luck, hope it gets sorted out.  If they discover something we weren't aware of let us know.

• 7. Re: How to make McAfee windows bigger
                      Peacekeeper

As Peter say ours are 1/4 screen width and readable. It is not full screen as the xp Pc shows and that will be reported. We do not see the unreadability though. my screen is thea size down in resolution 1680*1050

• 8. Re: How to make McAfee windows bigger
                        exbrit

I read in another thread about things becoming strange when a customer imported a new font, Helvetica I think.  Have you done that recently by any chance?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/10/11 5:22:02 EDT PM
                        • 9. Re: How to make McAfee windows bigger
                          Peacekeeper

Ha just read that I think it is more it shows no text in Security Centre GUIs. But worth asking

1 2 Previous Next