3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2011 3:20 AM by JoeBidgood

Linux CMA Agent port chnage

Does any one know where to find the files required to chnage the agent wake up port on a linux system for the McAfee agent or CMA ?

or  what are the files required to modify to adjust the agent ports  on Linux ?

• 1. Re: Linux CMA Agent port chnage
          JoeBidgood

The wakeup port is a global setting, so you can't just change it on certain agents: it has to be all of them...

To change the port, simply change it in the Configuration / Server Settings page, and the agents will pick up the new port the next time they contact the server.

HTH -

Joe

• 2. Re: Linux CMA Agent port chnage

Thanks for the answer its really helpful but what I mean  we have some clients not picking up the port configurations changes  assigned by the ePO server around 2 or 3 Linux clients the others are fine  so I m trying to change it on some of the files to match the server configs to avoid the need for re installing the agent would that be possbile or do I have to re insall

• 3. Re: Linux CMA Agent port chnage
              JoeBidgood

You need to get the clients to talk to the server, I'm afraid - even if you could change the setting locally on the machine by editing a file, as soon as the agent enforced the policy again it would reset it.

If the agents are not communicating properly you need to troubleshoot that problem first, would be my recommendation.

HTH -

Joe

1 of 1 people found this helpful