Do you have any McScript.log data that shows the task executed to start the installation?
What result was logged?
Is this failure on one, a couple, or all of your clients?
When you state you can manually install the agent are you executing the Framepkg.exe on the client or using ePO to deploy the agent?
I did a search for the log can't find it.
What happens is I run a task and a subtask at 100am. First part is a AD sync which imports new objects to EPO, we only get about 2 or 3 new objects a week.... if some one has to build a new client or bring down an image. The subtask deploys the agent, this faila to install agent.
I then in the am when I get in and use EPO to deploy agent.
Also when I see the unmanaged client I can not ping it though EPO console, but I can deploy the agent using EPO and then it will ping from the EPO console.
I had this issue too. Using epo 4.5 p3 and cma 4.5p2
I similarly have a single scheduled task that does an AD sync and the next step runs a query for all unmanaged machines and deploy's an agent to them.
The deploy task kept failing and I couldn't figure out why. I opened a ticket with support and they said it's a bug they're working on.
Signs that it was the bug are: The deployment task runs for 20 minutes even though you have it set to cancel after 5 minutes. All the machines you try to push to come up as failed. Normally they would come up as expired if they don't exist or are powered down. If you manually run the query and then do a select all and deploy it works. Which is what the support told me to do as a workaround.