8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2011 10:23 AM by thecreator

Security center blocking multiplayer games

Hi my mcafee security center is blocking a lot of my multiplayer games so there's no servers showing up on the list. I've tried disabling mcafee firewall and virus scan but it's still blocking the game from finding the servers. The games only work when the security center is completely uninstalled. I did some changes in the access list of the firewall too and still got the problem. Security center has to be completely uninstalled for me to play those games so it's annoying. Any solutions to this?

• 1. Re: Security center blocking multiplayer games
          Hayton

Not sure. One of the others might know more about this problem. Oh, and btw, having an email address as a username isn't a good idea, the webcrawlers will get it and you'll be deluged with spam. You should probably change that if possible, or one of the admins can do it for you.

• 2. Re: Security center blocking multiplayer games
            Peacekeeper

I assume you are using the 2011 version so have you checked the firewall properties and netguard option to see if it (netguard) is blocking the server?

Have you installed family protection component ie the parental controls it has options that might block this area.

Your login is insecure as Peter says using you email asa login is asking to have it stolen and spammed. I will change it  to what is before the @

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 5/10/11 1:01:28 PM
            • 3. Re: Security center blocking multiplayer games
              Dinz

Hi Lin,

Could you please let us know the versions of McAfee in which you have issues with the games . Also, are those Online games or the ones downloaded .

Please let us know some of them so that we could try to reproduce the same in our test PCs

McAfee Security center :

Version :

Aff id :

McAfee Virus scan :

Version :

DAT :

• 4. Re: Security center blocking multiplayer games

McAfee Security center :

Version :11.0

Aff id :105-538

McAfee Virus scan :

Version :15.0

DAT : 6490

All the games that i bought and downloaded from Steam. And some Gerena games.

• 5. Re: Security center blocking multiplayer games
                  Peacekeeper

Have you checked netguard it used to block some of my Steam games?

• 6. Re: Security center blocking multiplayer games
                    thecreator

Thet Paing Lin wrote:

Hi my mcafee security center is blocking a lot of my multiplayer games so there's no servers showing up on the list. I've tried disabling mcafee firewall and virus scan but it's still blocking the game from finding the servers. The games only work when the security center is completely uninstalled. I did some changes in the access list of the firewall too and still got the problem. Security center has to be completely uninstalled for me to play those games so it's annoying. Any solutions to this?

Hi Thet Paing Lin,

How are you connected to the Internet?

Are you using a Router? If you are, Brand and Model number? Hardware Rev?

Have you set the Firewall to open as a test?

• 7. Re: Security center blocking multiplayer games

I'm using dlink router and modem combined one. I can't give more details coz I'm traveling now n I don't remember the other details. I'll update u more when I get back. Haven't tried the firewall test but my old laptop seems it can find servers n play on the same router with norton 360 installed. Thank you.

• 8. Re: Security center blocking multiplayer games
                        thecreator

Thet Paing Lin wrote:

I'm using dlink router and modem combined one. I can't give more details coz I'm traveling now n I don't remember the other details. I'll update u more when I get back. Haven't tried the firewall test but my old laptop seems it can find servers n play on the same router with norton 360 installed. Thank you.

Hi Thet Paing Lin,

In order to play a game like Microsoft Links 2000 Golf Program over the Internet and host it, I had to place the computer into the DMZone of the Router, because it was blocking the connection, with its built-in firewall.

Dinz asks for the version for your product, That wasn't of much help.

Please post the Build located under Version in About for:

Security Center:

VirusScan:

Personal Firewall:

The Build helps more than the Version.