9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2011 2:33 AM by csoto

Agents cant communicate with EPO

csoto

Hi

I successfully installed EPO and agent handler. When agents installed on clients try to connect to the epo server and get policies i get an error that the agent could not communicate with the epo server.

While having wireshark on and trying again i get following error on the client "Alert (Level: Fatal, Description: Decrypt Error)" and on the agent handler i get the same error and the following too "Alert (Level: Fatal, Description: Unknown CA)"

• 1. Re: Agents cant communicate with EPO
          metalhead

Does the AH appear in your epo GUI and is it activated ?

Cheers TOm

• 2. Re: Agents cant communicate with EPO
            csoto

Hi Tom

Yes the AH appears on the epo gui and it is activated

/carlos

• 3. Re: Agents cant communicate with EPO
              metalhead

Did you check the log file in the AH´s installation folder ?

Tom

• 4. Re: Agents cant communicate with EPO
                csoto

I get the following errors, taken from the AH log. Dont really know what the problem can be

20111005031737    E    #02340    EPODAL      File: .\ePOData_Connection.cpp(495)

20111005031737    E    #02340    EPODAL      Function: DAL2_CConnection::GetConnection

20111005031737    E    #02340    EPODAL      Meaning: Unspecified error

20111005031737    E    #02340    EPODAL      Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

20111005031737    E    #02340    EPODAL      Description: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

20111005031737    E    #02340    EPODAL      COM Error: 0x80004005

20111005031737    E    #02340    EPODAL      File: .\ePOData_Connection.cpp(510)

20111005031737    E    #02340    EPODAL      Function: DAL2_CConnection::GetConnection

20111005031737    E    #02340    EPODAL      Meaning: Unspecified error

20111005031737    E    #02340    EPODAL      Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

20111005031737    E    #02340    EPODAL      Description: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

20111005031737    E    #02340    mod_eporepo    CEpoRepoNotify::getMessagesFromDB: Caught SQL com error No such interface supported

• 5. Re: Agents cant communicate with EPO
                  metalhead

What DB authentication method are you using within ePO (Windows or SQL) ?

Is your AH within your Windows domain ? If not you must use SQL authentication ...

Tom

• 6. Re: Agents cant communicate with EPO
                    csoto

At the installation i used mixed authentication, but entered the SQL credentials since using windows credentials gave me an error because the AH was in the DMZ

• 7. Re: Agents cant communicate with EPO
                      metalhead

Did you enter an IP address for epo/database server or the servernames ?

If you entered servernames are they resolveable on the AH ?

In some cases using HOSTS on the AH for ePO/db server name resolution helps ...

Tom

• 8. Re: Agents cant communicate with EPO
                        metalhead

Just another note - AFAIK the AH needs to do a reverse lookup on the epo servers name for certificate issues - that´s why HOSTS entries might fix the problem ...

• 9. Re: Agents cant communicate with EPO
                          csoto

yes i entered an IP address for the epo server ad the name is resolvable on the AH

im gonna dubblecheck if the AH can to the reverse lookup tomorrow at work and reply then

thanks

/carlos