5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2012 7:50 AM by SafeBoot

Error db010010 - Object not found

Hello everybody

I have the problem that I get the error db010010 when I syncronize. This should mean that the object is not on the server. I wanted to determine the Machine Object ID but this can only be done when I have the Login screen at the beginning. See following link ->

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB70016

But that is exactly the problem ! I don't have that login screen. is there a possibility to determine the object ID while I'm logged in in windows?

thank you for any help

H. Raya

• 1. Re: Error db010010 - Object not found

yes, use the API command "getlocalmachinename" with an "idonly" tag. It will return the machine object ID.

• 2. Re: Error db010010 - Object not found

Thank you ! I got the ID 00000001 ! I think that is the reason why I always get the DB010010 error. Is it possible to get the correct object ID from the server (i still don't have the correct one, because it's another team which is responsible for the server - but I'm pretty sure that it isn't 00000001) and then change it on the machine locally ?

Or what would be another possibility to make re-register the machine on the server?

• 3. Re: Error db010010 - Object not found

are you doing offline installs? That's the only reason I can think of that your machines would all be ID 1.

No, it's not possible to change it on the machine manually - the machine will pick the right object ID when it syncs and finds a machine with the right key, and a name which matches its network name.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Error db010010 - Object not found

hi mr safeboot

actually im facing this problem "object not found" when I syncronize.I saw that solution above 

'' yes, use the API command "getlocalmachinename" with an "idonly" tag. It will return the machine object ID. ''

But idont know how to do it .can you explain

thanks for any help

shameem musthafa

• 5. Re: Error db010010 - Object not found

If you've not used the API before its probably not worth learning for this problem - just boot your machine and go to the options page, it will display the machine Id there, and also on the first page if you start a recovery.

Most likely someone's deleted your machine from eem.