1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2011 6:53 AM by Dinz

How do I switch from 3 user to 1 user with internet security?

Hi,

I have been using internet security for 3 years now but always the three user licence because we had 2-3 computers in the house.  Now we only have one so decided to purchase Internet Security 2012 - 1 user licence. Problem is it wont let me activate it because I currently have the 3 user version.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall but that did not work.

Can anyone tell me what to do to downgrade from 3 users to 1? I dont know if it matters but my current subscription does not expire for another 10 days - Do I have to wait for it to expire before I can activate the 1 user licence?  It is also the non-download version because it was cheaper to buy from amazon than download from Mcafee (sorry mcafee!).

Pleasse help.

Thanks

• 1. Re: How do I switch from 3 user to 1 user with internet security?
          Dinz

Hi there,

Since the new  McAfee programs you have purchased in on a cd version . After your current subscription expires , run the McAfee removal tool and reinstall the Cd version and complete theactivation process.

Please remember that if you are going to use the same email address for activations , use the option : I already have a McAfee account , else proceed further as per instructions on the same .

Get back to us if you have any issues in activation and we will be around to help you out .

Regards,