3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2011 4:03 AM by JoeBidgood

Rogue Sensors missing since upgrade to VSE 8.8

Brooke

Hi

I am running EPO 4.5 (build 851) and VSE 8.8. After the upgrade from VSE 8.7 I have noticed that all the Rogue System Sensors are now missing.

I have removed and installed the sensors but they always report as missing.

Has anyone else come across this issue ?

Thanks

Brooke

• 1. Re: Rogue Sensors missing since upgrade to VSE 8.8
          JoeBidgood

I haven't come across this, but at a guess maybe VSE is preventing the sensor from communicating - maybe an access protection or port blocking rule?

Check the sensor's log to see if it can communicate, and check VSE's logs to see if any of the rules are triggering.

If you remove VSE from a machine, can the sensor then communicate? That would be pretty definitive proof...

HTH -

Joe

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Rogue Sensors missing since upgrade to VSE 8.8
            Brooke

I have removed VSE from the machine with the sensor installed and it was still reported as missing. I uninstalled the sensor and deleted it from the missing sensors list and then re installed the sensor.

The machine is showing that the sensor is installed but it is not showing in the Active or Missing sensors in the detected systems menu.

When I checked the sensor log, the following was shown..

10-04-11 15:18:32,677 [340] INFO RSDSensor.ServerCom <> - Sending data to the server at https://xx.xx.xx.xx:8444/rsdsensor/engine.sm

10-04-11 15:18:32,693 [340] INFO RSDSensor.ServerCom <> - The server returned HTTP status: 404

10-04-11 15:18:32,693 [340] WARN RSDSensor.ServerCom <> - Server returned HTTP status failure... adding the request to the retry queue..

10-04-11 15:18:33,083 [340] INFO RSDSensor.ServerCom <> - Queueing host detection message for later transmission, due to sensor throttle

• 3. Re: Rogue Sensors missing since upgrade to VSE 8.8
              JoeBidgood

Can you restart the sensor machine, let it run for a few hours, then zip and post the sensor log so we can have a look?
              In the meantime check that 8444 is listening on the server, and that you can reach it from the sensor machines.

Thanks -

Joe