1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 1, 2011 9:08 PM by Hayton

Mcagent.exe - errors on startup - msxm14.dll. oemui.dll and others not a valid windows image

I'm running Windows XP and encounter a series of error messages every day at startup referring to dlls in the c:\program files\mcafee\msc folder saying "...dll not a valid windows image".  I get about 6 - 8 of these at startup and click through them and eventually it stops.  I'd like to resolve the error and prevent these from poping up every time I start the PC.

• 1. Re: Mcagent.exe - errors on startup - msxm14.dll. oemui.dll and others not a valid windows image
          Hayton

There are innumerable threads about this problem - naming many different dll files - in various forums. Microsoft have articles relating  to some of their dlls. There does not seem to be one single reason for the pop-up message, but in some cases the advice is that the dll may be corrupt and should be reinstalled.

I suggest that you download and run the latest version of MVT to check whether these files are okay. If not, or MVT can't fix it, then uninstalling (and running MCPR) and then reinstalling your McAfee program should cure it.