1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 27, 2011 9:27 AM by Peter M

click.scour.com

I have a Dell Inspiron desk top that came with Mcafee.   An alert popped up that said Mcafee caught a trojan and it was safely dealt with.  From that point on if I choose a link from Google or Bing and click on the link it redirects me to click.scour.com and/or pinkduck.yourtango.com.  I tried to run Spybot and something destroyed my operating system.  I used Dell restore to reload my OS and it retrieved all my files but before I even got to reload all my missing programs and software i realized i can't because I still have click.scour redirecting all my searchs.

I searched for click.scour on Mcafee with no results on this website.

Is there a removal tool provided by Mcafee or anyone else that will work with win 7?

Thanks for any suggestions.

JIM

• 1. Re: click.scour.com
          Peter M

.Not for that particular infection but Fake Alert Stinger could be tried and there is a tool called GetSusp for submitting suspicious samples to McAfee.

They are listed here:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2168

It may be necessary to use 'Safe Mode with Networking' to avoid browser redirects.  You can reach that by tapping F8 repeatedly while booting up and choosing it - #2 on the ensuing menu.

It should also be noted that Malwarebytes free version can be downloaded, updated and run all in the mode.  It is listed further down that page under 3rd Party Tools.

Alternatively you could try System Restore to go back before all this happened, but don't forget to update McAfee and Windows immediately afterwards.

It's important to always keep every aspect of your Windows up to date, even parts you may not use, and surf safely.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/09/11 10:27:42 EDT AM