5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2011 6:21 AM by Dinz

Real Time scanning wont stay on, and MVT wont open

Title basically says it.

Im a college student so my life is based on being able to use my computer, lol. That being said im not the most computer literate. I got on my computer this morning and noticed a notification saying my real time scanning was off. THinking i accidentaly turned if off, i went into security center and turned it back on. Almost instantly it turned off again.

I play games online, and thinking that was the problem I downloaded malwarebytes to see if it could get rid of the problem. After the scan It still wouldnt work so i decided to see if google could give me answers. The first i see is use MVT. Ok easy enough. I tried it on 3 different browsers . Google Chrome Mozilla firefox and internet explorer and IT wouldnt open on any of them. I just got a window with a gray box in it. 

The next thing i read was to get rid of all other antivirus maleware software so i got rid of malware bytes and restarted my computer. Still didnt work.

Then i found a bunch of posts on here and followed a couple of them. Still doesnt work.

I really dont know what I should do now. so I was hoping someone could help me out.

I have a Dell studio XPS i7

not sure what other info i should put so

Mcafee security Center

Version: 11.0

Build: 11.0586

Affld: 105-266

Lang en-us

Last update 9/18/2011

Virus scan

Version 14.5

build: 14.5.130

Dat Version 6473