1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2011 3:09 AM by asabban

Troubleshooting Citrix with TCPDumpGUI

cestrada

Hello All- I have an influx of users who keep complaining about Citrix timeouts ( after 2 minutes) when using the McAfee Webgateway.  I've done everything from whitelist the domains\ whitelist the IP's\ whitelisted Citrix ports\ even created all users to access standalone Proxy ( vice proxy Cluster VIP) with no success.   

Can someone let me know if the parameters below will be able to capture the users session so I can pinpoint the root cause of the problem. 

Asssuming that 10.1.1.1 is users session :

tcpdump -s0 -i any host 10.1.1.1

• 1. Re: Troubleshooting Citrix with TCPDumpGUI
          asabban

Hello,

the command should work with some limitations. By restricting to 10.1.1.1 you will only see the communication between Client and MWG. You won´t see what MWG is talking to the server. If the timeout happens on the server side, you won´t be able to see what is happening.

If you know the remote IP of the Citrix server, something like this should work:

tcpdump -s 0 -i any -w /tmp/mycapture.pcap host 10.1.1.1 or host 192.168.0.1

(where 192.168.0.1 is the Citrix server)

If that doesn´t work, a capture without limitations, but done during "after office hours" should be more helpful.

Actually I remember I have seen this 120 second timeout multiple times. Is there a support case in regards to this issue? Maybe they have already heard of this problem and can give you a solution.

Best,

Andre