3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2011 10:34 AM by JaiPrakash

Quick clean will not run

I have a gateway laptop running windows 7,  Mcafee internet security version 11 and quick clean version 11 updated 9/11/2011.  When I click on the pc home and networks tool is indicate quickclean is installed, when I click on the quick clean link, noting happens. No message.  After reading this board I tried the virtual tech without any result,  I went to my home page and reloaded the software, quick clean still does not run.  Tried to run quickclean in safe mode, nothing happens.  I have used this feature every two weeks, but something changed in August.  I do not receive any errors or messages.

Quickclean does run on my desktop running an older version of windows.

• 1. Re: Quick clean will not run
          Dinz

Hi there,

• Click the Windows Orb, right-click Computer, and select Manage.
          • If prompted, click Continue.
          • Select Device Manager.
          • Expand Sound, video, and game controllers.
          • Double-click your video card.
          • Select the Driver tab. Your Driver Version will be displayed here. Please let us know the version.

Also, open Internet explorer - click on Help - then click About Internet Explorer and let us know the version : and cipher strength -

Regards,

• 2. Re: Quick clean will not run

Thank you for your prompt response Dinz:

Regarding internet explorer : The version is 9.0.8112.16421  update version 9.0.2  cipher strength 256

I try to use google chrome or fire fox  but the browers are always shutdown when I try to que the quickclean.

Regarding the video card: This is a lap top.  I do not see a reference to a video card or video card driver in the menu you listed (only audio) but I have a display adapter
            Intel 945 express chipset family.  the driver is igdkmd32.sys.

As I stated I have used Mcafee for years and only recently (within the last two weeks) has quickclean not initiated.

Best regards,

• 3. Re: Quick clean will not run
              JaiPrakash

This issue seems unusual ; could you please update us with the specifications ;

McAfee security center

Version :

Aff id :

McAfee virus scan

Version :

DAT :

McAfee Quick clean version :

Also , please run MVT from here : http://mvt.mcafee.com and provide us the session id