3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2011 10:15 AM by Insane_homer

EEPC 6.1.1.275 on EPO 4.6 (1029) inactive on newly added Clients

I have a mix of new clients that I added to EEPC recently.

Initially this was via EPO 4.5 and EEPC 6.0 - I successfully deployed EEPC whole disk encryption to 8 pcs without any problems.

A couple of weeks ago I had a problem with a client PC and during that process I upgraded EEPC/Agent and EPO to the latest versions.

Since then I have add a further 5 clients to the system using the same process as before, using the same assigned policies as those used for the previously successful deployments, however I'm now stuck with the new clients all showing as in-active.

This is happening for Windows XP SP3, Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit machines.

I've deleted, re-created and tested all the deployment Tasks, including the Product and user based policies but it just won't kick off  the ecryption process.

I ready the suggestion in other posts with similar issues and got nowhere, I've download and been through the unoficial quick start guide and that's not helped either.

Currently paying for 20 licenses and can't even use half of them :/

Client Modules Status.JPG

IT00403 #2.JPG

Master Repo.JPG

Client Installed Versions.JPG

Enforcing.JPG

Extensions.JPG

• 1. Re: EEPC 6.1.1.275 on EPO 4.6 (1029) inactive on newly added Clients
          SCtbe

And what shows MfeEpe.log?

Did you added exclusions EEPC in VSE?

Did you checked KB68410 for troubleshooting inactive state?

• 2. Re: EEPC 6.1.1.275 on EPO 4.6 (1029) inactive on newly added Clients

the log file shows this warning.

2011-09-13 14:10:12,258 WARNING MfeEpeCredentialProviderServiceV2    ..\..\..\Src\Helper\EpePcCredentialProviderServiceHandler.cpp: EPEPC_credential_provider_service_handler::init: 79: [0xEE120008] no system policy set

I'll try and upload it.

VSE exclusion? Surely VSE shoud exclude these automatically (same products from same vendor deployed by same agent?). Not seem any mention of having to do this to get it to work, since it was working before without any exclusions (although I have update the clients from 8.7 to 8.8).

Running through KB68410 now to see if there's anything different in there to what I've already tried.

thanks for the quick reply.

where do I find orion.log? on the client of EPO server?

Message was edited by: Insane_homer on 9/13/11 9:30:24 AM CDT
            • 3. Re: EEPC 6.1.1.275 on EPO 4.6 (1029) inactive on newly added Clients

SCtbe wrote:

And what shows MfeEpe.log?

Did you added exclusions EEPC in VSE?

Did you checked KB68410 for troubleshooting inactive state?

Right, fixed it!!!

Problem for me was solved with KB72252 (thankfully the 1st KB mentioned of 23 in the KB68410 listed above), that required me to edit dcRedirect.xml to point to the correct path for the EPO patch - in my case changing it to

C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\extensions\installed\DataChannel\4.6.0.1029\webapp-redirect

stop and restarted the services.

I now have...

active-decypted.JPG