1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 1, 2008 8:28 AM by tonyb99

Virusscan 8.5i permanently reinstalling

Hello,

we have Virusscan 8.5i Patch 6. Virusscan is permanently reinstalling itself.
      After reinstalling all seems to be ok - the Virusscan-Trayicon comes up.
      Some seconds later you can see a new instance from msiexe in the taskmanager.
      the cpu-load ist at 100%. theres no end with this procedure...

any ideas?
        • 1. RE: Virusscan 8.5i permanently reinstalling
          tonyb99
          If you are using epo to install VSE (or even if you arent but are using the vse that includes an additional package with it like 4 or 5) then you will get more than one install running one after another. For instance mine tend to run like this:

1) install VSE
          2) update engine
          3) update dats
          4) update to patch 4 (called a hotfix update)
          5) update to hotfix 3xxx (cant remember offhand which one)
          6) run ASCI

So in this case I get the VSE install running 3 times as running a hotfix loads up all the same installers as the original install of VSE (especially the patch 4/5 etc)
          If you arent running EPO you will still get the after install of patch 6 if you are using the VSE 8.5 with patch 6 package.

Patch 4/5/6 usually takes 30-90 seconds.

BUT.......

If you have access protection rules enabled running patch 6 update alone you may be in for a world of hurt, and installs never seeming to finish. look on the VSE board in the patch 6 is released sticky thread for the full details of this and how to get around it.