4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2008 10:43 PM by hi-ka-ri

    Mcafee 8.5i autoupdate not updated DAT files

      Hi everyone

      I had some problem about virusscan 8.5i autoupdate.
      I have server to download update everyday.
      and all computer update via UNC path, no ePO.
      before everything work fine.

      Today I check with Mcafee virusscan 7.0 it's can update, DAT file updated...no problem:D
      but when i check with virusscan 8.5i patch 4 & 6 they can update ...
      and show status update complete.
      but dat file didn't update too. It's still old version. :(

      I try to update via http and ftp It's can update and DAT file update too.

      Please help me to fix why i cannot update via UNC path because
      some computer no need to connect internet. :confused:

      Thank you very much.
        • 1. RE: Mcafee 8.5i autoupdate not updated DAT files
          tonyb99
          check you are following the correct procedures for VSE 8.5

          see this:

          How to manually to update the DAT files for VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i
          https://knowledge.mcafee.com/SupportSite/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&exte rnalId=614199&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=34096095&stateId=1%200%2034090340
          • 2. RE: Mcafee 8.5i autoupdate not updated DAT files
            Hi tonyb99, Thank you very much for you reply..
            This is the new way for me to update mcafee manually.
            but why my autoupdate cannot update DAT file via UNC path.
            before all computer can updated but now cannot.
            I'm not sure any setting need to update. Please advise me.
            Thank you very much.
            • 3. RE: Mcafee 8.5i autoupdate not updated DAT files
              tonyb99
              I meant use the site in that link to obtain the dats to use in your UNC
              • 4. RE: Mcafee 8.5i autoupdate not updated DAT files
                Hi tonyb99, Thank you very much for you reply..

                I can update via UNC path.
                but I check with UpdateLog.txt and found what my problem.

                Below is UpdateLog when I update via UNC path.

                2/7/2551 10:23:26 Computer\user Starting task: AutoUpdate
                2/7/2551 10:23:26 Computer\user Starting update session.
                2/7/2551 10:23:26 Computer\user Checking update packages from repository Local Update.
                2/7/2551 10:23:27 Computer\user Initializing update...
                2/7/2551 10:23:27 Computer\user Verifying catalog.z.
                2/7/2551 10:23:27 Computer\user Extracting catalog.z.
                2/7/2551 10:23:27 Computer\user Loading update configuration from: Catalog.xml
                2/7/2551 10:23:28 Computer\user Downloading PkgCatalog.z.
                2/7/2551 10:23:28 Computer\user Verifying PkgCatalog.z.
                2/7/2551 10:23:28 Computer\user Extracting PkgCatalog.z.
                2/7/2551 10:23:28 Computer\user Loading update configuration from: PkgCatalog.xml
                2/7/2551 10:23:29 Computer\user Verifying V2EngDet.mcs.
                2/7/2551 10:23:30 Computer\user Searching available updates for Engine.
                2/7/2551 10:23:30 Computer\user Product(s) running the latest Engine.
                2/7/2551 10:23:30 Computer\user Downloading PkgCatalog.z.
                2/7/2551 10:23:30 Computer\user Verifying PkgCatalog.z.
                2/7/2551 10:23:30 Computer\user Extracting PkgCatalog.z.
                2/7/2551 10:23:30 Computer\user Loading update configuration from: PkgCatalog.xml
                2/7/2551 10:23:31 Computer\user Verifying V2datdet.mcs.
                2/7/2551 10:23:31 Computer\user Downloading PkgCatalog.z.
                2/7/2551 10:23:31 Computer\user Verifying PkgCatalog.z.
                2/7/2551 10:23:31 Computer\user Extracting PkgCatalog.z.
                2/7/2551 10:23:31 Computer\user Loading update configuration from: PkgCatalog.xml
                2/7/2551 10:23:32 Computer\user Verifying VSE850Det.McS.
                2/7/2551 10:23:33 Computer\user Searching available updates for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5.0.
                2/7/2551 10:23:33 Computer\user Verifying EceptCntDet.mcs.
                2/7/2551 10:23:33 Computer\user Verifying MPEMSBCKDet.McS.
                2/7/2551 10:23:33 Computer\user Verifying MPEPRDCKDet.McS.
                2/7/2551 10:23:33 Computer\user Verifying MPESVRUPDet.McS.
                2/7/2551 10:23:33 Computer\user Verifying MPEVIRCKDet.McS.
                2/7/2551 10:23:33 Computer\user Verifying PatchTmpDet.McS.
                2/7/2551 10:23:33 Computer\user Verifying PatchTmpDet.McS.
                2/7/2551 10:23:34 Computer\user Verifying PUPDet.mcs.
                2/7/2551 10:23:34 Computer\user Verifying SK_det.mcs.
                2/7/2551 10:23:37 Computer\user Update Finished
                2/7/2551 10:23:51 Computer\user Closing the update session.

                I compare with logfile when update via HTTP
                and found something wrong about why autoupdate via unc path didn't starting DAT update.

                2/7/2551 10:28:07 Computer\user Starting DAT update.
                2/7/2551 10:28:08 Computer\user Downloading DAT.
                2/7/2551 10:28:08 Computer\user Downloading gdeltaavv.ini.
                2/7/2551 10:28:09 Computer\user Downloading avvdat-5329.zip.
                2/7/2551 10:37:58 Computer\user Backing up file(s) Engine DAT
                2/7/2551 10:38:01 Computer\user Pre-notifying for DAT update.
                2/7/2551 10:38:01 Computer\user Copying DAT.
                2/7/2551 10:38:06 Computer\user Update succeeded to version 5329.0000.
                2/7/2551 10:38:06 Computer\user Post-notifying for DAT update.


                Please advise me. Thank you very much.