3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2011 1:58 PM by Peter M

47 TROJAN HORSES....HELP PLEASE!!!!

i have 47 trojan horses on my computer but i think they're all quarantaine

when i do a full virus scan or fast virus scan,both of them wil stop and block my computer at 60 % so i can't do anything except restart my computer from power button

so i cant finish any virus scan,thats 1 big problem

2nd big problem is that when i click on items in quarantaine ,it is loading the items but it keeps loading and it never stops,until i exit it,but i cant see the items in quarantaine but there are items in,i just know it

so i cant do virus scan complete and i cant see items in quarantaine

please help me anyone

McAfeeSecurityCenter_2011-09-10_20-01-18.jpg

Message was edited by: yogosaw on 9/10/11 1:06:26 PM CDT
        • 1. Re: 47 TROJAN HORSES....HELP PLEASE!!!!
          Peter M

Moved to Malware Discussions >> Home User Assistance.

You can clear your Quarantine folder maually by following these instructions.

You have to enable viewing of hidden files and folders within Windows Explorer under Tools/Folder Options/View (Windows Explorer is any internal page such as Documents or Computer).

First you have to turn off Access Protection in SecurityCenter.

Double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter

Click Navigation

Click General Settings and Alerts

Click Access Protection

Uncheck it and click Apply and close SecurityCenter

In XP the pathway to the Quarantined files within Windows itself is: C:Documents & Settings/All Users/ApplicationData/McAfee/Virusscan/Quarantine

In Vista and Windows 7:C:\ProgramData\McAfee\VirusScan\Quarantine

Only delete the contents of the folder and not the folder itself.

To delete all at once simply go to Edit > Select All then simultaneously click Shift and Delete on your keyboard at the same time.

By clicking Shift that not only deletes them but bypasses the Recycle Bin so saves a step.

Don't forget to re-enable Access Protection.

You can stop the Quarantine folder getting so large by turning off cookie detection in VirusScan's general settings if you wish.

Click Virus and Spyware Protection

Click Real-Time Scanning

Click Settings

Uncheck Tracking Cookies

Click Apply.

(Tracking cookies are how sites remember you so are usually totally harmless).

You might want to get a second opinion on whether you have malware lingering or not by downloading, updating (important) and then running the FREE versionof THIS tool.

Use only the free version because the other one can clash with McAfee and ifyou decide to keep it around always update it before running.

Support for that tool is HERE.

That tool is unique in that it is the only one that can be downloaded,updated and run all in ‘Safe Mode with Networking’ if need be, for instance ifmalware prevents all that in regular mode.

Safe Mode with Networking is reached by tapping F8 repeatedly while bootingup and slecting it from the ensuing menu. Usually it is the second item.

Also sometimes it is best to run McAfee VirusScan in Safe Mode reached as in the previous statement.  Go to Computer (My Computer in XP) and right-click the drive and select 'Scan"  You wont see anything but an active icon near your computer clock.  Hover over it for a progress report.

• 2. Re: 47 TROJAN HORSES....HELP PLEASE!!!!

wow thank you so much,my list of quarantaine was verry big,i had more than 34000 items in that map,i dont know if thats is much but 34k is verry much i think,so thank you so much

Message was edited by: yogosaw on 9/10/11 1:29:56 PM CDT
            • 3. Re: 47 TROJAN HORSES....HELP PLEASE!!!!
              Peter M

There's a bug which they are aware about whereby the Quarantine folders prove difficult to empty from the user interface so that was a workaround I posted.

Anyway, good luck.