Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
6069 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2014 6:03 AM by newag RSS
Miguel Veliz Newcomer 7 posts since
Sep 8, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 8, 2011 11:34 AM

ePO 4.6 Mcafee EPO Event Parser and Mcafee Application Server not starting

Hello everyone!

Since last monday neither the ePO 4.6 Mcafee EPO Event Parser nor Mcafee Application Server start. 

The server was downloading updates and there was a power surge in the building. The server is on an UPS and it never shut down,  but since then the server was rebooted htis past monday, it displays that one or more services could not start.

When I tried to start the Mcafee Application Server (Apache2, SSL, etc) I received an error 1075: Dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion. I googled it and a Java heap size information came up. This doesn´t seem to be related, but I increased the heap size anyway from 512 to 1024, since Win2003 in this case is 32 bits and that was the overall recommendation.

One of the dependencies for this service is the NT LM Security Support Provider.

The Mcafee EPO Event Parser dependes on the Mcafee Application Server  so if the first one does not load, the second won't either.

The SQL server instance starts and it reports as started on the services screen.

I start the apache monitor and I see the mcafeeapachesrv250, but if I try to start it, it just gives a message stating "Failure to start service".

Any help wil be greatly appreciated.!

• newag Newcomer 8 posts since
    Sep 30, 2013

Hello I have similar issue with Event Parser. Service won't start with following warn: mcafee event parser started then stopped... Cause of this issue is mismatch SQLServer TCP/IP port in McAfee configuration. I resolved this issue in the following way:

- run cmd.exe and enter netstat -an

- find sqlserver.exe and check listening port

- other method to find TCP/IP port in MSSQL 2008 is registry editor:

go to branch: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib\Tcp\IPAll and look for value at TcpDynamicPorts attribute (this value is your TCP/IP port of SQLServer)

- run your favourite browser and enter mcaffe epo address for example: https://mcafee:8443/core/config-auth then provide your credentials

- now check whether Database server port in your epo config is matching with sqlserver.exe TCP/IP port (in registry or netstat as I describe above)

- if port doesn't match - change it in epo configuration apply and restart your server

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points