Can you clarify what version of XP this is by right-clicking 'My Computer' and selecting Properties. I need to know if it is at least SP2, also how much installed memory there is (RAM) and free hard drive space.
Also have you installed all the necessary applications for internet use such as Java and Adobe Flash/Shockwave players + Reader or Acrobat etc. and updates from Microsoft.
Per the product pages System Requirements:
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher
- Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- 1 GHz processor or higher
- 800 × 600 or higher resolution
- 512 MB RAM or higher for Windows XP
- 2 GB RAM for Vista/Windows 7
- 400 MB of available free drive space
- Internet connection
Supported Browsers for Anti-Phishing
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or later
- Google Chrome 6 or later
Supported Email Programs
- POP3 – Windows Mail, Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Eudora, Netscape, IncrediMail and Thunderbird
- MAPI – Outlook
- Web – MSN/Hotmail, or email account with POP3 access
Supported Instant Messaging Programs
- AOL Instant Messenger 2.1 or later
- Yahoo Messenger 4.1 or later
- Microsoft Windows
- Messenger 3.6 or later
- MSN Messenger 6.0 or later
Required for Anti-Spam Toolbar Plug-In
- Outlook Express 6.0 or later
- Windows Mail
- Outlook 2000 or later
- Eudora 6.0 or later
- Thunderbird 1.5 or later
- Anti-Spam also supports any other POP3 email client (without SSL) and web accounts
Also, are you installing from a CD or your online account?
Another thing to check...
Go to Control Panel, then open Add or Remove Programs and check if you have MSXML 3 installed.
if it's not there please download and install it via the link below: simply download and install the file named msxml3.msi.
after installing it... run the, reboot and reinstall the software from your online account ... post back if it resolves your issue... hope this helps...
Yes I have all the necessary it is windows xp 32bit sp3 all microsoft updates are together.
Jave is installed
Quicktime is installed
Adbobe Flash is installed.
I just tried it again and the same thing happens downloading installation files and then wham same message as above.
I downloaded from the web site from My account
MSXML 4.0 sp2 is installed
MSXML 6 sp2 is installed
That is strange and thanks for getting back quickly. I think the best bet for you is to contact Technical Support online chat as they can link up with you and troubleshoot.
They are available through the link in Useful Links at the top of this page.
No one from Mcafee is going to remote into my pc ok
Then I'll flag this thread and hope a technician is patrolling these forums.