Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
15863 Views 28 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2012 12:45 AM by Peacekeeper RSS 1 2 3 Previous Next
porter Newcomer 8 posts since
Sep 7, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 7, 2011 10:06 AM

Security center faulting - Firewall keeps turning off & Real-time scanning also has issues

This problem first came to my attention when the taskbar notification for the firewall came up. I opened security center to the big red warning "Your computer is at risk! Firewall is off" and cliked to turn it on. It worked; so far so good. However, Realtime scanning almost immediately turned itself off. Not so good.

So, I try to turn real-time scanning back on but the interface is minimally responsive. I can get to the point where I can see the "Real-time scanning settings" link but clicking on it does nothing. So I let it sit for a bit and try again. Still nothing.

I begin to research the issue and find that I'm not alone. In the meantime, the firewall turns itself off again (same cycle ensues: I turn it on, everything comes up green, real-time scanning turns off, can't turn it on, lather, rinse, repeat...). The discussion boards advise me to run MVT.

I do. It finds several things but only solves some. My session ID is 34900334.

Your help is appreciated.

Gotta go; firewall needs to be turned on again. (!!)

Porter

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points