I would install the new ePO Server with new DB and name, IP, etc. and prepare the new ePO Server with the configuration of the old one.
- export System Tree structure and systems
- Export Client Tasks and Client Task Assignments
- Export Policies and Policy Assignments
- Configure Server Tasks
Make both ePO Servers know each other.
- export/import Communication Keys
- add the other ePO Server to the registered Servers and enable Transfer Systems
--> Transfer Systems via ePO UI.
Have this setup running for a while (depending how fast the machines are communicating to the new ePO).
After all machines have switched the ePO, shutdown/uninstall the old ePO Server.
That would be the best way.