3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2017 4:07 AM by catdaddy

Real time scanning problem

Hi All

Over the last few months I've been having endless problems with McAfee Security Center. Several months ago it stopped working and I had to get an IT person to clean up my computer (as I hear McAfee isn't good at that side of things). And now I've had a reoccuring problem (which I think occurs when McAfee updates are being automatically downloaded), where real-time scanning turns off and won't turn back on. After getting no long-term resolution from paying for IT help and  talking to McAfee Tech Support, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. As my disc is several years old I am left with the old interface (even though I've clicked for 'check for updates), and I'm wary of when these problems are going to strike again.

This is all so frustrating and disappointing. I've wasted so much time on the phone being thrown back and forth between Dell (whom I originally bought it off) and McAfee - each telling me it's the others responsibility. And hundreds of dollars paying for local IT support.

1) Can someone please give me the reason for and solution for the real time scanning problem?

2) Why am I left with the old interface and how do I get the new one?

3) Is there is a better AV/malware product I can move to, or do all products and their companies cause so many problems?

Thank you.