This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
No, it does not automatically do what you are referring to.. In order to help, you'll need to give us more information about your computer and VS version.. Operating system? VSE 8.0i? (Which patch version? How does it update currently? Manually or through the standard McAfee http/ftp repository online? Or maybe through a corporate repository? Which scan engine version is installed? Have you tried manually installing the full Superdat from the link below?:
And most importantly, because VSE isn't the greatest spyware/trojan detector, your computer could be infected with other spyware. If you haven't already, please follow the instructions below to check for such malware:
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.
Hope this helps and let us know more.