3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2011 3:51 PM by gita

Firewall version in control panel/add remove programs

The version of firewall installed after the 5.2.2 update according to the security center is 14.3.0.514

In the add/remove programs list of windopws control panel the version number is stated as 5.2.1.something.

If we remove the firewall and reinstall the version changes to 5.2.something in add/remove programs.

Is this a minor fault, or do we have a lot of machines that *do not* have the correct firwall version.

ie there is aconflict between what is stated in security center and windows control panel. The mcafee console on each machine says 14.3.0.514

Can someon eplease advise if this is a presentation error that has no functional impact or a functional error and the machines have not updated correctly after 5.2.2 patch.

Thank you

Argint

• 1. Re: Firewall version in control panel/add remove programs

Hi Argint,

The Version which is mentioned in the Windows Add/Remove Programs is the Product Version. The version which is mentioned in the Security Centre and the McAfee Console is the individual component's Engine version.

For eg, in the McAfee SaaS EndPoint Protection we have different components like Virus and Spyware Protection, Firewall Protection and Browser Protection.

I would like to inform you that there is no conflict between what is stated in the Security Centre and the Windows Control Panel. Also there is no product functionality impact because of these difference in version numbers.

To have more clarity on the same, please let us know the version number of the SAAS Endpoint Protection reflects in the Windows Add/Remove Programs and the Client console after the new version 5.2.2 upgraded.

Regards
          Geetha P

• 2. Re: Firewall version in control panel/add remove programs

Can you please read my mail again? I have already given you the versions available AFTER the upgrade.

My point is this, AFTER the upgrade to 5.2.2 the add/remove version in control panel DOES NOT UPDATE to reflect the version 5.2.2. That is why I have asked if this is a problem. If we manually uninstall and do an update the product version DOES update to reflect 5.2.2

Is this  aproblem? Or is it just a presentation issue

Thanks

Argint

• 3. Re: Firewall version in control panel/add remove programs

Hi Argint,

I apologize for the inconvenience.

If the product is upgraded to 5.2.2 patch 2, then in the control panel it will reflect as 5.2.2 version. If the product version is 5.2.2, then in the control panel it will reflect as 5.2.1 version. So please make sure you have the updated version 5.2.2 with Patch 2 in all the computers.

Additionally i like to inform you that after Sep 15, we rolling out the next version 5.2.3 with patch 3. Please let us know the status of this after the upgrade, so that we are glad to assist you.

Regards
              Geetha P