2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2011 5:57 AM by Jayadeep NR

Re-Installation Error

i have: Winows 7 Home Basic 64-bit and Internet Explorer 9.  McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2010 started giving me that dreaded white box, with nothing in it, so there was no way to actually use McAfee.  So, i removed it, and tried to reinstall it.  The re-installation failed with the JavaScript error.

complete error message is:

we're having trouble installing your McAfee software because  JavaScript is not working correctly on this PC

help me please

• 1. Re: Re-Installation Error
          Peacekeeper

Some1 more knowledgeable said

then try this:

click on the start button
          on the field "start search" type "cmd" without the qoutes, an icon will apear on the top part.
          right click onthat icon then select "Run as Administrator"
          type "regsvr32 jscript.dll" without the quotes on the black window that will apear then press Enter(A message will appear confirming that the process wassuccesful)
          type "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" without the quotes then press Enter(A message will appear confirming that the process was succesful).

restart your PC then try downloading McAfee again this timeinstead of clicking on "Run" click on "Save" and save the dmsetup on your desktop. Right click on the dmsetup located on the desktop then select "Run as Administrator".

• 2. Re: Re-Installation Error
            Jayadeep NR

Hi,

Please let us know the operating system and internet explorer version.

How you managed to remove McAfee from your computer?

on 6/9/11 4:27:28 PM IST