1 2 3 Previous Next 76 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2013 10:17 AM by dualeh

McAfee- on access scan currently disabled(version 5.2.2 patch 2)

Hi all,

I have got some issues regarding on McAfee SaaS endpoint protection,  I have a couple of computers that access scan has disabled automatically without  changing any settings, this is the message (on access scan currently dsiabled), i have checked the policy and it still enabled also i have checked console by clicking tray system it shows it enabled. any idea how to fixed this issues.

Many thanks

Dualeh

• 1. Re: McAfee- on access scan currently disabled(version 5.2.2 patch 2)

Hi Dualeh,

Sorry for the delayed response

Please follow the given instructions to get this issue resolved.

Click on Start --> Click "Run" --> Type "Services.msc" --> Restart the following services :
          Virus and Spyware Protection
          McShield.exe

Run a manual update and let me know the status so that i can help further with this issue.

Regards
          Geetha P

• 2. Re: McAfee- on access scan currently disabled(version 5.2.2 patch 2)

Hi all,

I have some issue with my McAfee antivirus(SaaS endpoint Protection), when you look at McAfee security centre its looks fine and  up to date but the issue is some of our pcs show warning message in the action centre which says that (McAfee security-as-a-service out of date) which i do not understand why this is shows. we renew our license 3 month ago so its nothing to do with expering antivirus. Any idea.

Many thanks.

dualeh

• 3. Re: McAfee- on access scan currently disabled(version 5.2.2 patch 2)

Hi Dualeh,

In your post you mentioned that, in some your computers in the Action Centre you are getting the warning message as, McAfee SaaS is out of Date. Please let me know the following details, so that we can help you further with this issue.

1.  DAT version of McAfee.
              2.  Last Update check date.
              3.  Is there any other third party anti-virus program installed in your computer ?

Regards
              Geetha P

• 4. Re: McAfee- on access scan currently disabled(version 5.2.2 patch 2)

Hi Geath,

regarding the information you requested, here are details of requested.

1-DATA version of McAfee 5.2.2 patch 2.

2-Last update  checked date-05/09/2011.

There is not another third party antivirus programm install our computer except McAfee SaaS endpoint protection.  Also a couple pcs says that last DATA update was not successfull but those pcs are on and never switch off, I do not know what cause this and i need helpd.

Many thanks

dualeh

Message was edited by: dualeh on 06/09/11 03:41:04 CDT
                • 5. Re: McAfee- on access scan currently disabled(version 5.2.2 patch 2)

Hi Dualeh,

Thank you so much for the information provided. Please follow the below mentioned steps :

1. Click on Start --> Click "Run" --> Type "Services.msc" --> Stop the following service :
                      Windows Management Instrumentation

2. Then rename the folder named " Repository " as " old.Repository " in the following location :
                      C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem

3. Restart the computer and please check the status of the McAfee in the Windows Action Centre.

Please let us know the status of this issue, so that we can assist you further with this issue.

Regards
                  Geetha P

• 6. Re: McAfee- on access scan currently disabled(version 5.2.2 patch 2)

Hi  all,

I have a couple of PCs which did not receive the update from McAfee server a quit while, not sure the reason but these PCs never turn off. what is the best way to restart again in order those PCs to get updates whether to re-install McAfee SaaS endpoint Total protection again or not.

• 7. Re: McAfee- on access scan currently disabled(version 5.2.2 patch 2)

Hi Dualeh,

In your post you mentioned that, couple of PCs are not receiving the updates from McAfee Server for a while.

Please let me know the following details in order to proceed further with this issue.

1. DAT version of McAfee.
                      2. What is the error message you are getting when you try to manually update?

Also try to restart the McAfee services.

Click on Start --> Click "Run" --> Type "Services.msc" --> Restart the following McAfee Services :
                      Virus and Spyware Protection
                      McShield.exe
                      Firewall Core Services

Then try to manually update the McAfee and let me know the status of this issue.

Regards
                      Geetha P

• 8. Re: McAfee- on access scan currently disabled(version 5.2.2 patch 2)

Hi Gita,

Here are the information you requested earliar. 3 PCs  are runing DATA version 5.2.2 patch 2 whereas other one is runing 5.2.1 DATA version. The last day those PCs were recieved update were different, some of them were received 3 weeks ago and another onces were received  6 weeks ago. When i have try to update manually its  says that, "Its unable to create cab installer object. Agent service may not running properly" hope you will understand.

many thanks

Dualeh

Message was edited by: dualeh on 14/09/11 10:53:33 CDT
                        • 9. Re: McAfee- on access scan currently disabled(version 5.2.2 patch 2)

Hi Dualeh,

Thanks for the information provided. Now I completely understand regarding this issue.

In order to help you in a better way with this issue, I have sent you a private message. Kindly reply back to that private message with the requested details, so that I can arrange a call back from our senior technicians to remotely access your computer and to fix this issue.

Regards
                          Geetha P

1 2 3 Previous Next