4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2011 11:57 AM by JaiPrakash

Help with installing McAfee Antivirus Plus

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out? I've been trying to install McAfee Antivirus Plus onto my laptop, and just cannot get past a certain point in the installation porcess. I've been using mcAfee Antivirus for several years now, but have never had an issue installing it... until now! :-(

Whilst trying to install the software (by clicking to download the package from 'my account' section on the McAfee website where the software was purchased), the actual package will download fine, but when it comes to installing, it will not start. I keep getting the first message as follows: "We're having trouble installing your McAfee software. Click 'OK' and wait a minute while we fix the issue. Once fixed, we will automatically continue the installation where it left off". I click the 'OK' button on this message, and about 20 seconds later the following appears, which is as far as the whole process goes: "INSTALLATION CANNOT START - We're having trouble installing your McAfee software. Please ensure you have JavaScript installed on your PC, and that it's working properly before continuing. Learn more by visiting the McAfee website at http://us.mcafee.com/root/campaign.asp?cid=.....". There are no buttons to click on this message, and I just keep going round in circles when I go to the quoted webpage, sign in, and attempt to download the software again. I have checked Java and it's working fine, I even checked I had the latest version of Java to see if this made a difference,but nothing. I have been using McAfee for a number of years and have never come across a problem like this before. I even uninstalled all McAfee software off my PC as a last-ditch attempt at getting it to work, but still no joy.

Any light you can shed onto the matter for me, or guidance to help me in putting things right would be greatly appreciated, as I'm going nuts trying to fathom it out alone!

Thank you.