We are also facing same issue with
HP 6930P & EEPC 6.2
PS: USB Keyboard plugged to Laptop will work, but same keyboard & mouse plugged to dockstation not working...
Old original thread, but in response to your issue I encountered similar problems. Company I'm at uses DELL, so what I say may or may not apply to you (HP):
* The back two USB Ports in a Dell Docking station (Latitude E-Series) are USB 3.0 and USB devices plugged into them will not work for PreBoot Authentication.
* The three side USB Ports in a Dell Docking station (Latitude E-Series) are USB 2.0 and USB devices plugged into them will work for PreBoot Authentication.
* The back most USB slots on either side of an E6430 are USB 2.0. All other USB slots are USB 3.0 (not PreBoot compatible).
* E6430s without USB Support enabled by EE Policy cannot use any USB keyboard or mouse plugged in to either USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 ports.
* E6420s with USB Support enabled by EE Policy, however, have a problem if you hit the CAPS LOCK key on the external keyboard during PreBoot Authentication (response drops to one key press recognized every 7 seconds or so--just keep tapping that key, or restart and stay away from CAPS LOCK).
* For the E6420 / E6430 issue I'm going to retain the old policy so USB Support unchecked by policy, but use a Policy Assignment Rule to assign a policy with USB Support checked to only the E6430s (E6430s can be identified in ePO using a query/tag based on their CPU in our environment).
I've also noticed in Known Issue articles and such that other manufacturers/models have similar odd behavior with external keyboards with EE6.2.1 / EE7.0, so what you experience may vary.