1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2011 11:02 AM by SafeBoot

Error EE0F0001

What specifically, does this error mean?

Error EE0F0001

Token authentication parameters are incorrect.

• 1. Re: Error EE0F0001
          Hemant Koli

Hello jprimrose

This error indicates wrong password......

Can you please explain your Issue in details, so that i can get some idea to help you.

• 2. Re: Error EE0F0001

Which password is wrong? I'm using my domain admin account, and I can guarantee that password is quite correct.

So, here is what happens.

Laptop starts up.

McAfee Endpoint Encryption Login appears.

I type in my username.

I type in my password.

Box pops up that says:

"Error EE0F0001

Token authentication parameters are incorrect."

Mind you, I'm not getting a timeout (and there are timeouts in the policy)

I should note that this happens with my backup domain admin account also.  Further, 12345 doesn't work - and that hasn't been changed. There is something else happening here.

Also, I've tried recovery on two of these machines (I have 8 laptops that I'm setting up) they both accept the responses, but then they freeze. Cursor freezes and the laptop just sits there totally stuck.

• 3. Re: Error EE0F0001

You need to type your EEPC password - it may (likely) be different to your Windows password.

The error means though as explained before, that the credentials you are entering are not acceptable. It could be the user id, or the password, or both.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Error EE0F0001

Shouldn't 12345 work then?

• 5. Re: Error EE0F0001

maybe, maybe not - you might be typing the wrong user ID, or maybe that's not the right password for the user name you are typing?

It sounds like you need to contact your helpdesk and ask them to help you through an EEPC password reset?

• 6. Re: Error EE0F0001

"you might be typing the wrong user ID"

When I type in an incorrect user id (intentionally) the machine correctly says that is an unknown user. That makes me feel good.

So, ePO knows which users are supposed to be authorized and so does EndPoint. Again, I can test the entire list of "authorized" users (type the account name in and it accepts that much), but none of their passwords work. Not one of them.

And it's reaching to think we've all suddenly forgotten our passwords.

How can it know the users, but then none of the passwords work?

I have no doubt there is something I have setup incorrectly. I'm just trying to narrow down what it is.  The most troubling thing of all of this is that the machine recovery hard locks the machine (crashes it). And not just one, I've done the machine recovery on two machines and it's crashed both of them (they just sit there with frozen screens for hours).

So machine recovery isn't working either... which IMO should be the most bulletproof piece of an encryption software.

Ugh. Okay...  rant off. What EEPC password are you describing?  Is this the policy password?

Thanks for your time on this..

• 7. Re: Error EE0F0001

the EEPC password - the one you use for your pre-boot accounts? The one you've previously booted your machine with?

You might also want to check you have the right keyboard layout selected - as if that's wrong of course what you type will be interpreted wrong. Type the password into the user name box and see if it's what you expect it to be.

EEPC does not know what your "windows password" is until you do something like change it - then the SSO kicks in and syncs them together - before then, the EEPC password is whatever you set it to (or the default).

• 8. Re: Error EE0F0001

[Does EEPC stand for Endpoint Encryption Policy Catalog? - or what?]

So then... after the product deploys, the machine encrypts and then reboots (at some point).

The first time the user logs in (mcafee splash screen / pre boot environment / after it is encrypted) you provide your username and then 12345 (let's assume the policy hasn't changed this password from default).

Once that is done it will say something like "hey do you want to change your password?"  so what it's really doing is changing the 12345 business (EEPC password) to match your actual windows password for this user?

*** I have no idea if this is how this really works, since I've never gotten this far ***

I'd also expect it to have me set my user recovery questions at this point (because I have those UBP set to 0 logons before forcing user to set answers).

• 9. Re: Error EE0F0001

[Does EEPC stand for Endpoint Encryption Policy Catalog? - or what?]

>No, it stands for Endpoint Encryption for PCs - the name of the product you are using?

Once that is done it will say something like "hey do you want to change your password?"  so what it's really doing is changing the 12345 business (EEPC password) to match your actual windows password for this user?

>No, it's changing it to whatever you type.

1 2 Previous Next