Currently running ePO4.0patch6 on SQL2000 on a 2003 server with SP2.
The server has both SQL2000 and SQL2005 running.
If we are to upgrade ePO4.0 to 4.6, can I confirm following steps are correct please?
1. Migrate ePO4.0 DB from SQL2000 to SQL2005 - steps as follows (http://blog.jamzarwebdesign.com.au/?p=22)
- On your ePO server stop all McAfee services.
- Go to your SQL 2000 server and backup your ePO database… If not then it is your own fault if you lose data.
- Once backed up, right click on your ePO database and choose Properties.
- Choose the Data Files tab and notate the location of the database.
- Choose the Transaction Log tab and notate the location of the log files.
- Press cancel to close the window.
- Right click on your ePO database and choose All Tasks and then Take Offline.
- If you receive an error about having connection open then press ok to the error. Re-right click on the ePO database and choose All Tasks and then select Detach database. Under database status, press the clear button. That will clear all the connections to the database. Press cancel to close the window and then repeat step 7.
- Open explorer and go to the folder that you notated in step 4.
- Copy the MDF and LDF files that are assigned to your ePO database and paste to your new SQL2005 location. DO NOT CUT & PASTE.
- Within Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SQL 2005) right click on Databases and then choose Attach.
- Press the Add button and then locate your MDF file attached to your ePO database. Make sure it is the location that you pasted in step 10.
- Once the database has been attached, then go back to SQL2000 server and put your ePO database back online.
- Go to your ePO server and restart the McAfee ePO services.
- Once re-started, open ePO console on your ePO server. If you get an error make sure that services and databases are online.
- Once at the login screen go to https://localhost:8443/core/config-auth and login using your ePO credentials.
- Change the settings to suit your new SQL2005 server. Might be worth taking a screen shot of the setting in case you need to revert back.
- Press test to make sure it connects.
- Once connected, press apply and re-start your ePO server.
- Once ePO server has been restarted, log into console.
- Go to SQL2000 server and take you ePO database offline again to confirm that it is working on new database.
- Maybe after a week or so, delete the old SQL2000 ePO database.
2. Apply ePO 4.0 patch 7 (or do this first of all then move DB)
3. Run update following the steps in here (https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/ 22000/PD22974/en_US/epo_460_install_guide_en-us.pdf)
Apart from taking DB backup before each steps, anything I should pay special attention to?
Many thanks for your help in advance.