4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2011 10:32 PM by Pritish

How to add an exclusion after you save the policy?

Hi guys,

I am new to McAfee, so got some questions.

I create a policy in SaaS, and save it. When I review it and want to add a new exclusion, it does not take any action.

Is that normal? or I did something wrong?

Thanks

Mcdull

• 1. Re: How to add an exclusion after you save the policy?

Hi McDull,

Whatever changes that you make in the Policy exclusions, it will be saved and applied in the client computers.

Please let me know the type of exclusion that you are trying to add in the Policy. Is it to exclude any File, Folder or Extension from “Virus and Spyware Protection” or is to exclude any internet applications from “Firewall Protection” ? 

Also let me know the type of browser that you are using to make changes in the Securitycenter so that I can help you with this issue.

Regards

Geetha P

• 2. Re: How to add an exclusion after you save the policy?

Thanks for the reply Gita.

I was trying to exclude a folder and some files from virus scan.

After I saved a policy, and tried to edit it, there was no response from the browser.

I was using Firefox, and when I tried to do the same thing in IE8, it works.

So I am fine now.

Thanks for the reply.

• 3. Re: How to add an exclusion after you save the policy?

Hi McDull,

Thanks for your confirmation. If you have any issues with McAfee please let us know, we are glad to help you.

Regards

Geetha P

• 4. Re: How to add an exclusion after you save the policy?
                Pritish

Hi mcdull,

The issue that you are facing usually happens when any other browser other than Internet Explorer is being used for accessing/making changes in the online McAfee console.

Please use Internet explorer for all your updates, changes/edits that you are during with your McAfee software.

Please contact us for any further issues that you are facing with the McAfee software.

Regards

Pritish P.