2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2011 6:14 PM by mjmurra

Alert ERROR: Service <INTERNAL-SERVER> Cause: <ERROR> ??

At: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 20:48:14

Host: localhost

Service: INTERNAL-SERVER

Cause: ERROR

Info: SMTP Internal Server Test Failed. Host - X.X.X.X, Port - 25

Is this error related to problems sending emails to one of the MX relays specified as a domain routing/default routing or another internal error?

If I try a "test mail" command to that particular server it hangs, the other 2 servers specified (eg x.x.x.y,x.x.x.z,x.x.x.affectedhost) work correctly and mail routing is still ok.

• 1. Re: Alert ERROR: Service <INTERNAL-SERVER> Cause: <ERROR> ??

That error is indicating that the IronMail was unable to contact the specified server to see that it was up.  This would be for a default route, one of the domain hosts for a hosted domain, or possibly for one of the server listed on the internal servers list.

I would check the server to make sure that it is working.  If the server is down, well, that is the problem.  If it is up, you would need to look at the network between the IronMail and that mail server, or possibly DNS if the entry is a host name.

• 2. Re: Alert ERROR: Service <INTERNAL-SERVER> Cause: <ERROR> ??

ajclements wrote:

That error is indicating that the IronMail was unable to contact the specified server to see that it was up.  This would be for a default route, one of the domain hosts for a hosted domain, or possibly for one of the server listed on the internal servers list.

I would check the server to make sure that it is working.  If the server is down, well, that is the problem.  If it is up, you would need to look at the network between the IronMail and that mail server, or possibly DNS if the entry is a host name.

Thanks. Does explain the situation well.