1 2 3 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2012 9:17 PM by smalldog

Problem with connecting to MWG through GUI..

Hello..

i have a MWG 4500 with version 7.1

i don't know why this problem happened suddenly. when i try to connect to the MWG through any browser, i get an error message saying:

MWG GUI error.png

i applied the command (/etc/init.d/mwg restart), and restart all the system but still facing the same problem.

please give me you advices ASAP..

regards.

• 1. Re: Problem with connecting to MWG through GUI..
          asabban

Hello,

did you try to clear the browser/java caches?

Best,

Andre

• 2. Re: Problem with connecting to MWG through GUI..

thanks Andre.

i cleared it and i tried to reach the MWG from three workstations but it didn't connect..

regards.

• 3. Re: Problem with connecting to MWG through GUI..
              Troja

Hi,

what was the last change on MWG before this error message was shown??

Are you using a MWG config cluster or is it a single node?

cheers,

Thorsten

• 4. Re: Problem with connecting to MWG through GUI..
                asabban

Hello,

sorry to hear, usually that helps. If it doesn´t work from multiple workstations it is most likely something on the MWG side. Do you still have access via SSH?

You may want to have a look into

/opt/mwg/log/mwg-errors/mwg-ui.errors.log

and

/var/log/mwg-ui/catalina.out

and check if there is an error that is obvious. In case there is nothing obvious I recommend to file an SR with support, and let them review the logs.

best,

Andre

• 5. Re: Problem with connecting to MWG through GUI..

Hi..

Troja,

i don't know what is the last thing happened because other people work on it. it is a single node.

Andre,

i couldn't find any errors in the log files but i can put a samples of each command and tell me if you find any strange thing.

/opt/mwg/log/mwg-errors/mwg-ui.errors.log

2011-08-09 11:08:09,231 [WARN] Added missing setting BlockReason to Configuration 638

2011-08-09 11:08:09,231 [WARN] Added missing setting BlockReasonID to Configuration 15702

2011-08-09 11:08:09,231 [WARN] Added missing setting BlockReason to Configuration 15702

2011-08-09 11:08:09,232 [WARN] Added missing setting RotationIntervalMinutes to Configuration com.scur.engine.filesystemlogging.4587

2011-08-09 11:08:09,232 [WARN] Added missing setting PushIntervalMinutes to Configuration com.scur.engine.filesystemlogging.4587

2011-08-09 11:08:09,232 [WARN] Added missing setting RotationIntervalHours to Configuration com.scur.engine.filesystemlogging.4587

2011-08-09 11:08:09,232 [WARN] Added missing setting RotateInterval to Configuration com.scur.engine.filesystemlogging.4587

2011-08-09 11:08:09,233 [WARN] Added missing setting BlockReasonID to Configuration 16096

2011-08-09 11:08:09,233 [WARN] Added missing setting BlockReason to Configuration 16096

2011-08-09 11:08:09,233 [WARN] Added missing setting BlockReasonID to Configuration 15650

2011-08-09 11:08:09,233 [WARN] Added missing setting BlockReason to Configuration 15650

/var/log/mwg-ui/catalina.out

Aug 10, 2011 2:23:31 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDescriptor

INFO: Deploying configuration descriptor Konfigurator.xml

Aug 10, 2011 2:23:32 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol start

INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-4712

Aug 10, 2011 2:23:32 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol start

INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-4711

Aug 10, 2011 2:23:32 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start

INFO: Server startup in 627 ms

log4j:ERROR Failed to flush writer,

java.io.IOException: No space left on device

at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(FileOutputStream.java:260)

at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.writeBytes(StreamEncoder.java:202)

at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implFlushBuffer(StreamEncoder.java:272)

at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implFlush(StreamEncoder.java:276)

at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.flush(StreamEncoder.java:122)

at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flush(OutputStreamWriter.java:212)

at org.apache.log4j.helpers.QuietWriter.flush(QuietWriter.java:59)

at org.apache.log4j.WriterAppender.subAppend(WriterAppender.java:324)

at com.scur.k.server.utils.KFileAppender.subAppend(KFileAppender.java:47)

at org.apache.log4j.WriterAppender.append(WriterAppender.java:162)

at org.apache.log4j.AppenderSkeleton.doAppend(AppenderSkeleton.java:251)

at org.apache.log4j.helpers.AppenderAttachableImpl.appendLoopOnAppenders(AppenderA ttachableImpl.java:66)

at org.apache.log4j.Category.callAppenders(Category.java:206)

at org.apache.log4j.Category.forcedLog(Category.java:391)

at org.apache.log4j.Category.fatal(Category.java:382)

at com.scur.k.shared.utils.Logger.fatal(Logger.java:116)

at com.scur.k.server.ww.adapter.AdapterUtils.analyzeResponse(AdapterUtils.java:254 )

at com.scur.k.server.ww.adapter.AbstractAdapter.fromCoordinator(AbstractAdapter.ja va:80)

at com.scur.k.server.ww.adapter.AbstractAdapter.send(AbstractAdapter.java:169)

at com.scur.k.server.ww.WwCommunicationManager.loadLists(WwCommunicationManager.ja va:124)

at com.scur.k.server.data.storage.CoordinatorStorageHandler.loadLists(CoordinatorS torageHandler.java:199)

at com.scur.k.server.manager.ConfigurationManager.loadKonfiguratorData(Configurati onManager.java:70)

at com.scur.k.server.Konfigurator.<init>(Konfigurator.java:256)

at com.scur.k.server.Request$CMInitHelper.doIt(Request.java:1347)

at com.scur.k.server.Request$CMInitHelper.access$300(Request.java:1308)

at com.scur.k.server.Request$CMInitHelper$1.run(Request.java:1335)

thanks for your assistance.

• 6. Re: Problem with connecting to MWG through GUI..
                    dstraube

Hello,

java.io.IOException: No space left on device

this looks like the reason. Seems the disk is full. Can you check this?

Regards,

Dirk

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Problem with connecting to MWG through GUI..

hi..

may be it is a point that we must check.. but how can i check the capacity of the hard disk or of that folder which including the java.

regards.

• 8. Re: Problem with connecting to MWG through GUI..

can you please look at this image of the disk space !!

disk space.png

• 9. Re: Problem with connecting to MWG through GUI..
                          asabban

Hello,

the /opt partition is out of disk space. This is the partition mainly used by MWG, which is most likely the reason for the probiems you see.

Please check the size of the /opt/mwg/log folder, maybe you are storing a lot of log files which fills up the disk. You can run

du -s -h

to see how big a folder is.

Best,

Andre

1 2 3 Previous Next