1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2011 8:30 AM by indyvql

Unrecognised programs list missing

As of August, our security center is no longer reporting unrecognised programs in the unrecognised programs list.

ie there are plenty for al lother months and none for august. ie no firewall blocked profams as the filter on the unrecognised programs report.

I assume something has went wrong as nothing else has changed with our configuration

Is anone else noticing this?

Thanks

Argint

• 1. Re: Unrecognised programs list missing

Hi Argint,

I have read your post.

I would like to inform you that we have released the new version of SaaS EndPoint Protection  5.2.2 on Aug 4, all the customers will have an ability to schedule the upgrade through security center from . The Connectivity and the Reporting issues from client computers to the security center were addressed in this new release. Please upgrade the product to 5.2.2 version and let me know the status so that we will help you further with this.

Regards

Geetha P

• 2. Re: Unrecognised programs list missing
            indyvql

Geetha,

How will we know when its working? We have been having problems with this functionality for months. We have scheduled all of our systems to get the update as soon as possible, but the last reported "Unrecognized Program" is still from 7/21.

Thanks,

indyvql

• 3. Re: Unrecognised programs list missing

We have upgraded some machines. Still no unrecognised programs list.

Not only that, the clients are not responding to changes in desktop policy, eg firewall. So we cant even get in to the machine to disable the firewall or change the connection status.

I despair with this product. These issues happen over and over and over again.

Everytime an update happens, ecverything breaks.

Attrocious. Sorry but thats just how we feel.

What do we do now?

Let me guess from McAfee - unistall and reinstall tyhe product on all of our 60 nodes.

I give up

Argint.

• 4. Re: Unrecognised programs list missing

Hi Argint,

I really apologize for the inconvenience. In your post you mentioned that , in some of the machines you upgraded the McAfee version, but still having the same issue. So I have sent  you one private message, please reply back to the private message so that we can help you further with this issue.

Once again apologizing for your inconvenience.

Regards

Geetha P

• 5. Re: Unrecognised programs list missing
                  indyvql

Argint,

We have had ongoing problems with the unrecognized program list being incomplete or not updating. It has made us afraid to install or update software for fear that McAfee will block it but not allow us the opportunity to Allow it through the web SecurityCenter. It is almost like the firewall is blocking their own software. We have not had much luck with support (it took a long time to get them to even understand or believe there was a problem). However, they said it would be fixed in the most recent update. We had a whole bunch of programs show up in the list over the weekend, so we'll see how it works. However, if they don't have a good handle on it by the time our subscription is up, we'll probably make a switch.

indyvql

• 6. Re: Unrecognised programs list missing
                    Pritish

Hi Indyvql,

We are currently rolling out patch 5.2.2 that resolves most of these issues. Please check for this upgrade and see if your current McAfee software has been upgraded to McAfee 5.2.2. Then please check the working of the firewall and program list.

Regards

Pritish P.

• 7. Re: Unrecognised programs list missing
                      indyvql

Pritish,

We have applied patch 5.2.2 to all machines. It seems that our Unrecognized Programs list is starting to show programs again, so maybe this patch has resolved the problem.

Thanks,

indyvql

• 8. Re: Unrecognised programs list missing

Hi Indyvql,

Thanks for your prompt response. Please let us know if you have any issues in future, so that we are glad to help you.

Regards

Geetha P

• 9. Re: Unrecognised programs list missing
                          indyvql

Geetha,

Just as a follow up. For a couple days, it seemed like it was reporting programs properly. But now it has gone back to just notifying people that their program is blocked, but never showing up in the Unrecognized Program list (or anywhere else in SecurityCenter). This continues to be a nightmare for us.

Thanks,

indyvql

1 2 Previous Next