0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2008 3:28 AM by Gazz300

VSE 8.7i  Beta Email

Gazz300
      Just wondering out loud did anyone else get a test email last night from
      VSE85i_Longhorn_Beta@mcafee.com about a test message for the 8.7i list? :confused:

I'll leave the culprits names out but it looks like someone fell foul of their own advice if more people got it than just I.

Or maybe its an elaborate phishing attempt.... :D

So did anyone else get it and whats it all about?

Only thing I could find was this:

issued to the Beta news VSE8.7i, can be downloaded on the April test, it seems that this will be a busy month, McAfee has three products in the Beta release this month: SCM5.0, VSE8.7i, RSD2.0 for ePO.
      大家如果对VSE8.7i有兴趣,& #21487;以看看下面对8.7i的介&#324 61;(俺个人觉得前两项&#263 68;有用,尤其是增加了&#214 91;键菜单清除病毒的功&#330 21;) If you are interested in the VSE8.7i can see below the 8.7 i presentation (I personally think that the first two of the most useful, especially to increase the removal of the virus pop-up menu function)

Support for Windows 2008 Server (Longhorn) Improved local control of on-demand scans (ODS) Support for Windows 2008 Server (Longhorn) Improved local control of on-demand scans (ODS)
      • Battery state & full screen awareness • Battery state & full screen awareness
      • Allows end user to delay scheduled ODS when system is low on battery or during full screen presentations • Allows end user to delay scheduled ODS when system is low on battery or during full screen presentations
      • ODS usability improvements • ODS usability improvements
      • Right click ODS now prompts the user to choose to either (a) Clean any malware, or (b) Continue (report only). Enhanced system throttling • Right click ODS now prompts the user to choose to either (a) Clean any malware, or (b) Continue (report only). Enhanced system throttling
      • Includes registry and memory scanning, in addition to file scanning Additional Access Protection Rules for virtual machines • Includes registry and memory scanning, in addition to file scanning Additional Access Protection Rules for virtual machines
      • Prevention of changes to the VMware settings and configuration, files and folders, and active processes New mail scanner • Prevention of changes to the VMware settings and configuration, and files and folders, and active processes New mail scanner
      • Improved reliability with double-byte and multi-byte languages • Improved reliability with double-byte and multi-byte languages