1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 2, 2011 10:23 AM by SamSwift

Strange problem with McAfee

First of all, some information about my computer.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home - Premium 64-bit.

I had Norton installed on my computer when I bought it, but the free trial only lasted for 30 days, and I ahve used McAfee since.

Ok, so this morning I turned my computer on, then some window appeared saying something about how my computer couldn't start like normal and I needed to download some program to fix it. I knew that this program was fake, since the Window looked like it was from Windows Xp, and not Windows 7. Anyways, I restarted my computer, and it turned on fine this time. I logged in to my account, only to find that everything had been reset. Then the little popup appeared in the bottom-right corner appeared saying that my computer was at risk. So I opened up McAfee, and it said that Real TIme scanning was off. I turned it on, but then it turned back off in 1 second. This also happens with my Firewall. Anyways, I'm pretty sure I have a virus, so what do I do?

Message was edited by: SamSwift - addnig tag and moving to top threats space on 02/08/11 16:21:56 IST