5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2011 9:23 AM by metalhead

ePO 4.6 and ePO 4.5P1 - Possible to run side by side in an org?

pierce

Hey,

I have been trying for MONTHS to upgrade my ePO 4.5 patch 1 to patch 3... and now to patch 4. and it fails everytime (mcafee tickets open, discussions on here).

My next possible solution would be to create a new box on windows 2008 R2 or whatever ePO 4.6 supports and setup a nice new clean server with the latest and greatest of all the versions of the end point software we use.

I know you can transfer the keys between two ePO servers but does this work across major versions like this?

Or should I setup the new server, and then force the agent install over any machines as I want to take them over, for example install on all machines in europe?

Any ideas or suggestions on the best way to do this would be most appreciated, its just an idea at the moment! My old box is a mess that I have inherited so I think this might be a good chance to do some serious house keeping and just bring over the policies I want (yes I know I cant export and re-import different versions but I dont have many).

thanks,

Pierce