1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 1, 2011 2:22 AM by dave_tfa

EMM - Apple Cert question

the-messenger

I have multiple quesitons on this process..  According to McAfee documentation:

In the App ID section of the Provisioning Portal, locate the App ID you want to use with the Apple Push Notification Service (APNS).

NOTE: Only App IDs with a specific bundle ID can be used with the APNS. You cannot use a wild-card application ID. In addition, you must see Available under the Apple Push Notification service column to register this App ID and configure a certificate for this App ID.

I have never seen "Available" under the Apple Push Notification service column.  I see configurable for... but not available.  Is the McAfee documentation correct?  If so, what do i do to make this display Available?

• 1. Re: EMM - Apple Cert question

I did not see an 'Available' option. I selected 'configure' instead and managed to get a certificate.

Do a search for the EMM-mdm-cert.pdf document. A KB article is at https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB70502&pmv=print

The openssl command line may give you some trouble if you are on a Windows environment:

openssl req -out CertificateSigningRequest.certSigningRequest -new -newkey rsa:2048 -subj /emailAddress=john_doe@company.com/CN=”Company MDM Key”/C=US -nodes -keyout privateKey.key

Change 'CertificateSigningRequest.certSigningRequest' to be a filename ending in '.csr' - this is what you attach as part of the process. I also had errors with the Cygwin openssl implementation not liking the 'CN=”Company MDM Key”' component. I shortened it and removed the quotes to be just the one word, no spaces.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Message was edited by: dave_tfa on 1/08/11 2:22:54 AM