Do you guys have any feature that you would like to have in future releases of VSE? I know there's something in Mcafee Site where you could request a change or feature but i've been sending them requests and they have yet to provide feedback on whether they would apply my requested feature or my request was just purely impossible to make?!?
Anyhow, here's my list of features that i wanted to have in my future VSE version:
1) Multi Platform VSE remote console - enables your VSE to remote console any other VSEs regardless of what version a PC may have.
- Current Setup: VSE can only do the remote console IF the PC that you are trying to connect to have THE SAME version of VSE.
- PROS: 1)This would be great for troubleshooting; especially if you do not want to provide support via phone with a d*mbA** end-user
2) You wouldn't have to downgrade your VSE to the version of the PC that you are trying to connect to.
2) Artemis / GTI DNS Configuration Add-on
- To add a DNS configuration which GTI will use to connect to Mcafee GTI website. (you know, just like the proxy settings in the AutoUpdate Configuration
-Current Setup: NONE. You have to setup the DNS IP on the machine for it to work
- PROS: 1) You can do all this configuration in the installation designer instead of having to create a batch file or creating a group policy or something like that. Also this will benefit Administrators that is handling thousands of computers that IS NOT ON A DOMAIN!!!!
3) Having a SINGLE agent for all Mcafee products
- Having a single agent means a single service and means lower CPU utilization
- Current Setup: Well, all the agentS are consolidated on a single agent but technically it is still a 1agent per product system which sucks actually. (HIPS agent, Mcafee Agent, DLP Agent, etc)
4) Unlimited "User defined-Unwanted programs list"
- Current Setup: I think it's restricted to 30 or 50..I forgot..
- Ive tested VSE 8.8 and the OD Scan (Scan32.exe) really did improve it's speed which is a miracle!! Thank god for that!!! But after a few minutes, while OD Scan is running (on a very low RAM footprint and low CPU utilization - doesn't exceed 10% actually) OA Scan (mcshield.exe) suddenly increased to 80-90%!! OA Scan only returned to normal when i cancelled OD Scan..geez, is this some kind of joke? Do i have to set exclusions for the OD Scan service in the OA Scan? I think OA Scan SHOULD already recognize other MCafee service and should be excluding them automatically.
So for now, we're sticking to 8.7...