3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2011 4:40 AM by Peacekeeper

McAfee Total Protection - Security Centre NOT repairing the infected rundll32 on Win 7 64bit Prof Ed

Hi

Problem: McAfee Total Protection - Security Centre NOT repairing the infected rundll32 on Win 7 64bit Prof Ed

Laptop Details:Win 7 64 bit Prof ed on a Dell Studio 1557 laptop

McAfee Details: I am using a recent version of McAfee Total protection (renewed till 2013). I did not find any tool in the Security Center which tells me the build or the recent DAT number updated/downloaded

Problem: I am not able to do any meaningful work with my system as it is infected with virus which doesnt allow me to choose anything. If i type or choose a menu it just keeps jumping across the screen and leaves me frustrated

I have downloaded the recent updates using Security Center. This is done almost on a daily basis.

The FULL SCAN is not able to remove the rundll32 virus. I 've executed atleast three times in the past one week

The rundll32.exe in the Windows System 32 folder appears with a page like icon.

In the Task manager the rundll32.exe appears without a proper description.

Pls help me to remove this virus

Regards

Govind