what did you want to achieve with the command line switch(es) ?
The installation can be tracked remotely (provided you enabled remote access of agent logs centrally) via http://actual_client_name:8081.There are other logfiles on clients for more detailed installation logging.
Is the 1 character at the end of the /qb+ switch intended to be there? I'm not sure if it is a valid switch there (it may be, though)...
Also, only the switches need to be put on the field serving for command line switches, the string "Setupvse.exe" should not be there
So just the switches in that command line box. I did pull up the agent and various logs but never saw anything where it was a problem. However, the task was not running at all so I ended up getting rid of the command line option.
The qb+! is intended as per the VSE setup guide:
qb+ — Basic user interface with a modal dialog box displayed at the end of installation.
Use qb+! or qb!+ to hide the Cancel button. The modal dialog box is not displayed if the
user cancels the installation.
Right now the way everything works is that they have to monitor the logs to make sure that the installation has completed. For many this is not a problem but a few rather have a better means in seeing the task come to an end.
Thanks for the feedback. i went through the manual again and did not see anything about the command line argument but I have been in a rush with everything going on here.
Some additional ideas why VSE deployment task would not run:
- you want to deploy VSE 8.y.z where VSE 8.x.y are already present. Since major versions match, task won't install VSE (although task will start running)
- clients are Windows 7 and task is not defined to run on Windows 7 (this is a problem associoated with ePO 4.5, but potentially be present in 4.6 as well. Please check out KB67347.
- scheduling anomalies (please check if the task appears in agent log as "Next run time [something valid]"
I do not have agent 4.6 so I cannot check inhouse your problem, sorry.
However you should attach agent log and mcscript.log from one problem client that is certified not to have run the task (with screenshot of what you want to deplyo and screenshots of the client property page "Installed products".