1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 17, 2008 4:20 AM by tonyb99

virus scan entsv 8.5 OAS

hi all
      first of all my apologies if I have this in the wrong forum please direct me otherwise.

we are looking at application logs on a server and receive the following

AlertManager(servername)Network Message\\LocalSystemThe scan of C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\mfeapfa.dll has taken too long to complete and will be cancelled. Scan engine version used is 5200.2160 Dat version 5137.0000 (from IP user\NTAuthority\System running Virus Scan EntSV 8.5 OAS

there are other alert manager messages the same as this but other programs

eg C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Agent.ini

can these cause this server to heartbeat?

what is the best way to deal with these

thanks
      jewel

Moved from Security Center 8 - 2008 (Home) to Desktop & Server (Enterprise) - MOD
        • 1. RE: virus scan entsv 8.5 OAS
          tonyb99
          VSE OAS scanner is timing out scanning its own components, you could tweak the scan times in the console to get around this.

One point though the dats referenced in that error are massivly out of date the latest today are 5252.0000, so 5137.0000 would indicate its not working if this is a recent message.

I would also check what patch level of VSE you are running on this, should be patch 4.0 minimum really