3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2011 2:59 PM by newjack

Problems,family controller disconcted from network.

I have noticed numorous errors in my event veiwer with my internet controller being disconected from network.Not sure if this is related to the new Mcafee.But I do know my Ip adress in Mcafee network is in reverse.Image below.I would appreciate an answer.  thanks

network.JPG

• 1. Re: Problems,family controller disconcted from network.
          Dinz

Hi newjack,

If you Go ahead and  browse around in the event viewer you don’t have to  panic when you see lots of warnings or errors; as , even a functioning computer will have those. Moreover, this particular error that is displayed in the event viewer is related to your realtek network driver .

Regards,

• 2. Re: Problems,family controller disconcted from network.

Dinz - me thinks you may have done a cut-and-paste from this paragraph...

"Go ahead and browse around in the event viewer. Don't panic when you  see lots of warnings or errors; as I said, even a functioning computer will  have those. In fact, if you look while your system is functioning normally  you'll get a sense of what "normal" looks like in your event  log."

from this website....

http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewer_and_should_i_care.html

I disagree - errors in the event log are that - ERRORS - see, I capitalised it to help you out.

Cat-and-paste and the good old uninstall / reinstall - at least the big M is consistant!!!!!

• 3. Re: Problems,family controller disconcted from network.

I have to say I agree with you blarty-fargo.I know that You have pretty good Knowledge about Computers and Mcafee,Dinz.But come on.The errors are there for a reason,I would think.Plus these are warnings.Further more I have not noticed this in the past.Unless it was over looked.I would hope that there is not a more serious problem.As I have been bombarded by numorous MCafee errors.If I have about 5 known problems on a new Mcafee 2011 install.Who knows what problems lurk in the back ground.