No solutions atm as TB has updated their program and all AVs now are playing catchup.
Thunderbird 5.0 is not presently supported in the current production version.
It will be supported in next version and consequently will be part of the Beta program release which is planned in the end of summer.
We are also working on back-porting this new functionality into the current version, and are planning to release it in August.
More info is in our FAQ - Anti-Spam will not load on Thunderbird 5
McAfee is working on an updated version of the McAfee Anti-Spam plugin to accommodate the changes made in Thunderbird 5. The redesigned Anti-Spam architecture should accommodate Thunderbird 5 and future versions unless Mozilla makes major unexpected changes to the Thunderbird architecture.
Until this update is released, McAfee offers the recommendations below:
- Downgrade to a previous version of Thunderbird in to allow McAfee Anti-Spam to function correctely
- Temporarily use another supported email client such as Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express.
No timeline that I see I will ask next Moderator meeting
We have a fix for this issue for Anti-Spam 12.x (the 2011 version).
I'm getting it posted to http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/TBupdate.exe - it will probably be live by Monday.
Here are the steps to run it:
If the Thunderbird option is checked in the Anti-Spam toolbar menu, download and run the new Thunderbird toolbar patch
- note that is patch only works on the 2011 version of Anti-Spam
- Download the patch from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/TBupdate.exe and choose Save (not Run) when prompted
- Shutdown Thunderbird
- Turn off Access Protection
- Run downloaded patch As Administrator
- Turn Access Protection back on
- Make sure TB plug-in is enabled under Anti-Spam toolbar drawer
- Restart Thunderbird
- Look for McAfee Anti-Spam toolbar
I'm also updating FAQ number TS101095 (McAfee Anti-Spam toolbar is missing after upgrading Thunderbird) with this same info.